*This set was sent to me by Winstonia¡Hola!
I have another cool colorful mani today! Its called Retro Dinos! Rawr!
For this mani I used Winstona Store new second generation plates, which you can purchase here or on Amazon. My inspiration was the Tyrannosaurus (T. Rex) on plate W220. How cool is this dinosaur plate?
What did I use?
1. Base coat on all nails- Duri Rejuvacote
2. China Glaze What a Pansy
3. China Glaze Peonies & Park Ave
4. China Glaze Sunday Funday
5. China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener
6. Winstonia plate W216
7. Winstonia plate W220
8. Konad Black Gold
9. Konad White
10. Nail Stampers
11. Top Coat- Seche Vite
1. Apply your favorite Base Coat.
2. Apply these colors: Index finger: China What A Pansy, Middle finger: China Glaze Peonies & Park Ave, Ring finger: China Glaze Sunday Funday & Pinky: China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener. Then apply a light coat of top coat.
3. After all nails have dried, begin stamping using Winstonia plate W216 and Konad White.
4. Now we can began to make our dinosaurs decals using the advance stamping technique. I will show you the steps and you will have to repeat these steps for each T. Rex.
A. Stamp your Dino using Winstonia plate W220
& Konad Black. Let it dry.
B. Fill in your T. Rex using a dotting tool or detail brush.
I used a dotting tool and China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener.
Let it Dry. Do not remove from the stamper.
5. After your first T. Rex has dried you are ready to apply your dino. The method I use to apply the T. Rex Decal is using a top coat. Apply your top coat and wait till it gets tacky. This step is very important! The top coat cannot be too wet nor too dry. Just right to make the T. Rex Decal stick to the nail. This will take practice, but don't give up. Practice makes perfect. Here are the steps:
A. Apply Top Coat. Wait till it gets tacky. Remember it
can't be too wet nor too dry. It might take you a few tries to get it right.
You can also practice on a nail tip, before making this mani.
B. Once top coat is tacky, you will roll on your T. Rex Decal.
Be careful! Do not press too hard. Gently roll side to side.
Carefully watching to make sure the image is sticking on the nail.
C. Very gently roll side to side.
Don't worry it some part of the Dino isn't sticking,
just roll back gently till it sticks.
D. See how it is sticking on the nail? Awesome, right?
E. Don't worry if any part of the T. Rex is lifted or if you
get wrinkles on the nail, you can fix it by pressing
lightly with your finger to smooth it out.
F. There you go!
I gently applied light pressure using my finger
to fix anything that was lifted or wrinkled.
6. Finally you apply your favorite top coat. The top coat adds shine and helps smooth out everything!
7. Repeat steps 4-5 for each nail and you will have a colorful Retro Dino Mani:
I hope you guys enjoy! If you try out this manicure please tag me, link back to my blog or give me credit. Thank you!