Another question I get on Instagram @swanettesnails:
What polishes do you used for stamping?
Many people think you need special polishes for stamping, but that's not true. You can use regular polish for stamping. That's the wonderful thing about stamping!
Okay first I want to make it clear that I have never ever used a special stamping polish. I don't want to mention brands but you get the idea. So I honestly can't compare and tell you guys the difference between them, but I can share with you my favorite stamping polishes. I hope you enjoy!
Black Nail Polish:
1. Wet n Wild Wild Shine nail color in Black Creme shown here.
2. Wet n Wild Fast Dry Nail Color in Ebony Hates Chris shown here.
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Black Satin.
4. Sinful Colors Black on Black.
Here are some Pictures:
Rimmel in Black Satin & Sinful Colors in Black on Black
Wet n Wild Black Creme Rimmel Black Satin Sinful Colors Black on Black
1. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear nail color in White On.
2. Sinful Colors Snow me White.
Sally Hansen White On & Sinful Colors Snow me White
Sinful Colors Snow Me White Sally Hansen White On
Alot of Metallics work, but here are the ones I like best.
1. Sally Hansen Color Quick Pens. Chrome Polishes. I got these on Clearance. I am not sure if they are still available.
2. All of the Essie Metallic Collection Summer 2012 work great with stamping. They are: Essie Good As Gold, Essie No place like Chrome, Essie Nothing Esle Metals, Essie Blue Rhapsody &. Essie Penny Talk
Sally Hansen Color Quick Pens
Essie Metallic Collection Summer 2012
Sally Hansen Color Quick Pens Essie Good As Gold Essie No place like Chrome
These are my top picks if your starting in Stamping. You see you don't have to buy special polishes. You can even find them in your stash too! Look for polishes that are opaque and thick. The fun about stamping is experimenting.
** TIP** You can also thicken a polish so it becomes opaque and thick for stamping. Just leave the bottle a little open and check on it to see if it has thicken. I do this especially with I buy new polishes such as Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Black Satin, because when its new it is too thin to stamp with. I also did this with Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in White On & Sinful Colors Black on Black.
Before you go out and buy new polish remember to look in your stash and try out polishes in your collection and you might find your favorite stamping polish is already there! :) Have fun!
You are welcome to add your favorite polishes to stamp with in the comments section below!